I have nice large peice of fresh, firm white fish, as well as some squid from the market this morning. So, I thought the time was right for Floyd’s fish soup.
Here’s the recipe:
An Italian Fish Soup
2 kilos firm fleshed fish (filleted, strips), assorted seafood such as squid, prawns, mussles etc.
1 small onion, chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped
1 small carrot, chopped
2 kilos tomatoes, skinned, chopped
3-4 anchovy fillets, chopped
handful chopped parsley, basil
2-3 cloves chopped garlic
1.4 litres hot water / fish stock
1. In a large saucepan, saute the celery, carrots and onion in olive oil until soft.
2. Add tomatoes and anchovies until tomatoes have melted. Keep stirring, add herbs and garlic.
3. Add hot water or stock and bring to a boil.
4. Add squid if using, simmer 20 mins. Add rest of fish/seafood, simmer another 20 mins.
5. Ladle into hot bowls, serve.
Photo via La Fuji Mama
Originally posted on June 16, 2011 @ 12:56 pm